Re: Latex highlighting for org-mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Latex highlighting for org-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:30:12 +0100

On Thursday, 24 Jun 2021 at 19:25, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> I conclude that org-mode cauld do with some improvements.  If org-mode
> was designed to allow LaTeX fragments without the need of any special
> marking, it should allow latex syntex highlighting without the need of
> any special markings.

What you want then is AUCTeX mode?  If you want to write in LaTeX, use a
mode for it.

Org is about much more than LaTeX and bending it backwards to make it
AUCTeX would be detrimental (see recent discussion on performance issues
with large special blocks).  You can have LaTeX blocks which you can
edit very nicely and the rest of the document's interactive use does not
have to suffer.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-571-gc591be
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096