Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable

From: Léo Ackermann
Subject: Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 16:10:41 +0200

Hi,

As I found no convenient solution, I will try to write a small module that adress this problem. It will be a good occasion to discover Elisp :). It is thought as an alternative to org-special-latex-block: efficient fontification using default face, folding environment to hide proofs, pretty latex export...
@EricSFrada, would you mind sharing your code for your proof sections ?
If you've got ideas for this module, or/and want to participate to its development, please let me know :)

Best,

Le jeu. 24 juin 2021 à 09:59, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> a écrit :
On Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021 at 15:42, Gennady Uraltsev wrote:
> In Org Mode, headings cannot "terminate" i.e. only a new section can
> stop a previous one.

True.

What I do for cases where I want "separation" for visibility etc. is use
headings at the same level but tell the exporter to ignore the actual
headings when exporting.  So I frequently have something like this:

#+begin_src org
  ,* Section heading
  ,** introduction to section                       :ignoreheading:
  ,** statement of problem                          :ignoreheading:
  ,** proof                                         :ignoreheading:
     ,#+latex: \begin{proof}
     proof goes here
     ,#+latex: \end{proof}
  ,** continuation of section                       :ignoreheading:
  ,* Next section
#+end_src

also showing how you can introduce a proof environment without using
special blocks and hence maybe help with speed.  (noting that you could
do the same for HTML.)

I have a filter for export that strips headings that have the
:ignoreheading: tag.  I believe there's something similar built-in now?

This approach makes for easier navigation in the document (for me) and
helps keep that bird's eye view of what I am writing.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-571-gc591be
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096