Re: Export Org mode files to (gag, barf) MS Office?

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Export Org mode files to (gag, barf) MS Office?
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 15:15:58 +0000

Hello,

Brandon Taylor writes:

> I know we’re not supposed to really even TALK about proprietary
> software in FOSS communities like this one, but I can’t help but
> wonder if someone might consider making (an) Emacs plugin(s) that
> allow(s) a user to export Org mode files to Microsoft Office file
> formats such as .docx, .xlsx and the like? Or is/are there already (a)
> plugin(s) in the MELPA that can do this?

You may be interested in the variable `org-odt-preferred-output-format'.
According to the docstring:

"[...] Automatically post-process to this format after exporting to
"odt". Command ‘org-odt-export-to-odt’ exports first to "odt" format and
then uses ‘org-odt-convert-process’ to convert the resulting document to
this format. During customization of this variable, the list of valid
values are populated based on ‘org-odt-convert-capabilities’.[...]"

Best regards,

Juan Manuel