Re: LaTeX-producing code : how to export results to HTML/ODT ?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: LaTeX-producing code : how to export results to HTML/ODT ?
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 14:10:03 -0400

Can you declare the output as org so they will just be latex snippets?

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 3:46 AM Emmanuel Charpentier <emm.charpentier@free.fr> wrote:
Dear list,

Org-mode offers the ability to create functions returning LaTeX results : such occurrences are frequent with Sagemath, Maxima, Mathematica, R, and even emacs's Calc...

Such functions can be declared has having LaTeX output, and the resulting  =#+begin_export latex ...  #+end_export latex= block is exported as LaTeX and end up in the PDF versin.

But such blocks seem to export *only* to LaTeX/PDF ; more specically, they do not export to HTML nor ODT. In order to insert those results at export, one *has* to print them *raw*. See the attached examples, and compare PDF, HTML and ODT outputs of the enclosed zip archive (necessary to avoid the wrath of the spam filter of my provider ;-)...)..

Unless I am mistaken, this is the *only* way to export LaTeX exports to HTML/ODT ; I am not aware of any option allowing to force such exports. So a couple questions :
  • Am I mistaken ?
  • Are there more steamlined ways to get LaTeX in HTML/ODF/whatever-but-not-LaTeX ?
  • Wouldn't an option to allow these exports be a welcome addition to the export structure (or possibly to the various exporters) ?

Thanks in advance,
--
John

Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)