Re: allow HTML block to escape from outline-text div? WAS: BUG? unable t

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: allow HTML block to escape from outline-text div? WAS: BUG? unable to surround subtrees with html tag
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 23:58:01 -0400

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 12:18 PM Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> wrote:

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

>> I would like to be able to surround some portion of a subtree with a tag,

> Sorry for the noise, I believe this is user error.   I misread the exported
> source code, and firefox's developer tools added the closing tag for me, so
> I kept not seeing my mistake. The error here was not realizing that section
> contents get wrapped in their own div with class ~outline-text-N~, so my
> ~<div class="box">~ resulted in malformed HTML.
>
> I don't know if there is a way to somehow slide my own html in between the
> outine-text element and the outline-container element for a child subtree.
> If someone knows a way to do this, I'd appreciate a pointer, but for now I
> think I have to find another way to accomplish this.

As it so happens, this is something which has come up for me too. I
think in the future it could be worth adding a property that can be used
to wrap a section in certain HTML tag(s).

I'm dealing with it again tonight, and I do find it a bit teeth-gnashing. In this case what I'm looking to do is to hide a whole section when the exported hTML page loads.  But right now the subtee children of the headline remain visible even when the text is hidden.

Whoa! I just realized I can rewrite this myself, since it's a derived bakend.  I guess the export happens from the leafs upwards, so that the contents are already rendered by the time theadline is being processed.  So in my headline exporter, just had to wrap the contents in an additional div.  It works fine, I feel great about it!

For now though... the best solution would be what Richard suggests.

--
Timothy