Re: add #+ATTR_SOMETHING to headline?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: add #+ATTR_SOMETHING to headline?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 08:11:30 -0400

Why don’t you just use a property for this?

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:12 PM Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know if attributes get attached to headline elements during the export process? I am writing a derived backend in which I would like to have a line like

(let (add-toggle (org-export-read-attribute :attr_canvas_html headline :toggle))
....)

But as var as i can tell, the call to org-rexport-read-attribute always evaluates to nil in a file like this:

#+ATTR_CANVAS_HTML: :toggle t
* My TOggle Headline

Am I missing something obvious, or is htis not possible? I notice that none of the org-xxx-headline functions in ox-xxx.el seem to check for attributes, so maybe this is by design?

THanks,

Matt
--
John