Re: LaTeX-producing code : how to export results to HTML/ODT

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: LaTeX-producing code : how to export results to HTML/ODT
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 16:04:07 -0400

I am not sure you have the best math example, isn't the syntax \[\] for unnumbered equations in latex? What would it even ref? In the export, you can see that there is no label in the tex at least.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports both :results value drawer :post caption(name="eq-integral", caption="This is an equation.", data="">  "\\begin{equation}
\\int_0^2 e^x dx
\\end{equation}"
#+END_SRC

works better for latex. I guess that is always going to be some kind of limitation.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 9:58 AM CHARPENTIER Emmanuel <emmanuel.charpentier@aphp.fr> wrote:
> Here is a way way to combine the output with a name/caption.

Slight modification : caption in emacs-lisp (to avoid sh blocks) : see the enclosed archive (necessary to avoid anti-spam blocking by my ISP).

Mixed results (see enclosed archive):

- ODT exports : I get a captioned block containing the equation, correctly referenced.

- HTML : I get the equation (via MathML/Mathjax), no caption and a reference to nothing visible.

- PDF via LaTeX : I get the math and an undefined reference (??).

- Docx from ODT : mangled math, unrelated caption, reference to nothing.

There is a nice idea, but it is still perfectible. I'm afraid that filering by exporter is still necessary...

Thank you again !

--
Emmanuel Charpentier