Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 16:36:14 +0200

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> Lastly, an example of what I’d expect when exporting to ascii (with three
> example syntaxes):
>
> ┌────
> │ #+name: sometab
> │ #+caption: Some table
> │ | a | b |
> │ | c | d |
>
> │ Hey, look at [[sometab]]. (or)
> │ Hey, look at [cite:#sometab]. (or)
> │ Hey, look at [ref:sometab].
> └────
>
> ┌────
> │ ━━━━━━
> │  a  b
> │  c  d
> │ ━━━━━━
> │ Table 1: Some table
>
> │ Hey, look at Table 1.
> └────

I'm still lost, sorry.

#+name: sometab
#+caption: Some table
| a | b |
| c | d |

Hey, look at Table [[sometab]].

is already exported as

━━━━━━
 a  b
 c  d
━━━━━━
Table 1: Some table

Hey, look at Table 1.

Could you explain what you would like to see, in addition to what is
already possible?

I think, however, that it is not directly related to citations, unless
you want to be able to somehow link to a cite. Then we may have
a problem, because there is currently no way to name a cite. However, if
that ever makes sense, it is still possible to add a target next to it:

   <<@key>>[cite:@key]