Re: how to document/comment a complex org table formula

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: how to document/comment a complex org table formula
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 16:19:45 -0400

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Limbic answer :
>>   - create an emacs-lisp function doing what you want
>>   - comment /ad libitum/
>>   - call this function in your spreadsheet.
>
> I hoped such a function already existed and somebody would point it out
> to me (I searched the package-list-package list but nothing came up)

IIUC, the function would replace the formula, so it's really the
formula in a different guise, similar to what Eric F. was talking
about: implementing the formula as a source block. Both of them put
the code in some other place, where there is space to add comments.
IOW, it's not a general-purpose function. But I may be misconstruing
what Emmanuel was suggesting.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler