Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 15:58:45 +0800

Hi Nicolas,

In light of all the thoughts expressed on referencing, I no longer think it's a
good idea to have referencing capabilities in wip-cite-new.

I think referencing should get a bit of attention, as citation has here, but a
much smaller separate effort now appears more appropriate to me. This could be
as simple as a way of handling links to named images/tables/etc. when
exporting.

Update: I see wip-cite-new has been merged 🎉. Still sending this
because I think my sentiment is worth sharing and I'd like to prompt a
discussion on references (I'll probably give this a bit of a think then
start a new thread in a few days).

--
Timothy

--