Re: org-mode export to (latex) PDF

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-mode export to (latex) PDF
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 19:24:52 +0000

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan McHugh writes:

> I recall there was momentum re exporting to Context from Orgmode, hopefully a
> solid implementation is available.

It seems that a member of this mailing list, Jason Ross, is working on a
ConTeXt backend for org: https://github.com/Jason-S-Ross/ox-context/

ConTeXt is a TeX format that uses the LuaTeX engine, but the same
results can be achieved using LaTeX format with the LuaLaTeX version.

Of course, LuaTeX, the TeX engine that runs behind ConTeXt and LuaLaTeX,
was born with a clear multilingual "vocation", and it is the natural
evolution of pdfTeX.

Another option for multilingual documents is to use xeTeX engine and
xeLaTeX format.

ConTeXt is very interesting (a more modular approach, and it is not extended by
macro packages like LaTeX, so that the user already has everything inside
almost out of the box). The problem is that it's not as documented as LaTeX.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel