Re: [BUG] Async pdf export broken with native-comp

From: Mark Barton
Subject: Re: [BUG] Async pdf export broken with native-comp
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 16:36:41 -0700

> On Jul 15, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Sébastien Miquel <sebastien.miquel@posteo.eu>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The async pdf export functionality appears to be broken with latest org and a
> recent emacs version compiled with native-comp enabled (I have not tested
> without native-comp).
>
> To reproduce:
>
>  - use `emacs -q` and an empty init.el file (your init file gets picked up by
>    the async emacs instance)
>  - (setq org-export-async-debug t)
>  - find any org file and hit =C-c C-e C-a C-l C-p= to export as pdf file.
>
> The async process will exit abnormaly.
>
> The issue stems from this line in `org-export-to-file`
>  :       (ignore-errors (funcall ',post-process ,file))
>
> In `org-latex-export-to-pdf`, this `post-process` is set to
>  :       (lambda (file) (org-latex-compile file))
>
> I think native-comp compiles this lambda, which messes things up.
>
> As a fix, you can quote the lambda in `org-latex-export-to-pdf`
>  :       '(lambda (file) (org-latex-compile file))
>
> The same applies to other backends but I don't know if it's the right thing
> to do.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Sébastien Miquel

Did you post this to the Emacs list? Native-comp is in master, but not
“released”. So I agree with what Tim said about it is too soon for Org to
consider solutions if it happens to be an edge case that native-comp might be
able to address. I use native-comp, but have not tried the async export yet.

Mark