Re: org-mode export to (latex) PDF

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: org-mode export to (latex) PDF
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 19:38:17 +0900

> On Jul 16, 2021, at 18:20, Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de> wrote:
>
> The last glyph ("TELEPHONE RECEIVER") is not visible for me. Remember,
> that Unicode gets expanded quite often and it is not easy for font
> developers to keep up. I still think that the expectation, that Org
> and/or LaTeX will support the whole Unicode range out of the box is a
> little bit too far fetched.

If I may insist, my original question was about a "good enough" *or* easily
understandable setting for org export to PDF.

I *never* suggested that I, or someone, expected org to support the *whole
Unicode range* at any moment.

Since org uses Latex to achieve export to PDF, which is quite a common demand
nowadays, something that normal org users can understand should be posted
somewhere (*should*, with the meaning that I'd love to do that if I understood
even half the discussion here, but it is sadly not the case.)

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com