Re: a repeater doesn't increment

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: a repeater doesn't increment
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 11:57:16 -0400

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> writes:

> What I'm trying to do is more complex than that.
> * Reorder pills
> ** TODO order hctz, lisinipril, metformin, provacol, claritin, Co-q10,
>    Deadline: <8-2-2021 +4w>
> ** TODO order Colase
>    Deadline: <10-13-2021 +14w>
> ** TODO order Turmerick
>    Deadline: <8-30-2021 +8w>
>
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2021, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> writes:
>>
>> > Does enough material exist on werg tutorials that document how to get a
>> > repeater operational?  That or maybe I don't understand repeaters.  Had
>> > the repeater I tried to use worked correctly it would have advanced the
>> > original date by 4 weeks when that date got copied down to another cell.
>> > I selected the whole line including both verticals and perhaps this works
>> > when only a time stamp is copied.

I still don't understand: in your most recent response (at the top of this
thread)
you are talking about headlines with DEADLINE added (which seems the right
approach
to me: is there a problem with it?) But in your original mail, as well as in
the followup, you are
taling about "field columns" and "vertical characters" and "cop[ying] down to
another cell",
which seems to imply that you have an Org mode table somewhere.

Maybe you can elaborate a bit?
--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler