Re: Multilingual quotes inside paragraphs

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Multilingual quotes inside paragraphs
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 23:02:08 +0700

On 28/07/2021 20:49, Juan Manuel MacĂ­as wrote:
Links (or macros) are a good user-level solution to solve certain
specific cases, IMHO. At a native level (in case Org someday implement
consistent and native multilingual support), I don't know what would be
the best solution for multilingual chunks of text inside paragraphs.
Maybe some kind of inline `quote' block?

My personal impression is that lightweight Org markup is suitable for simple documents. Problems grow as a snowball as soon as a document becomes more complex. If syntax were extended too much, Org would loose its simplicity that is one of its advantage. Complex documents require more strict and flexible thus more verbose markup format.

It seems, your have tried all possible variants for inline quotes
https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html#Objects
macros, src_org{}, even links and nothing is perfect
https://orgmode.org/list/875yzwce28.fsf@posteo.net
Code for any approach may be polished to some extent, but some limitations will remain.