Re: Org + git branches for derived files

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Org + git branches for derived files
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 21:21:54 -0700

it is an interesting question as many things go into the product:

- org file
- your .el files
- org version
- emacs version
- os
- hw
- export commands run

so the desire to keep the product is understandable.  not only is it
effort to find the export commands run, but other stuff might change
out from under you.

could you perhaps export to something more compressible like ascii or
latex only?  and then use whatever org uses to create pdf?  git isn't
supposed to be for recreatable products, but ... is it TRULY trivially
recreatable?  :)

a colophon in the result can be useful maybe.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html