Re: Custom function for killing the thing at point

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: Custom function for killing the thing at point
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 08:33:02 -0400

alternatively, fall back to org-mark-element. I am not sure what differences in what you are trying to achieve and this are, but this should cover all org elements:

(defun org-kill-element ()
  (interactive)
  (org-mark-element)
  (call-interactively #'kill-region))

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 9:45 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
Rodrigo Morales <moralesrodrigo1100@gmail.com> writes:

>           (t
>            (error "The element at point couldn't be copied.")))

I would fall back to region between :begin and :end of the element.

Also, it might be helpful to print a short message about what element
have just been copied.

Best,
Ihor