Re: [ANN] EmacsConf 2021 Call for Proposals

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Re: [ANN] EmacsConf 2021 Call for Proposals
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 13:56:05 -0400

Hey there,

I always look forward to the videos that are done for the Emacs conferences each year.

I was wondering, is anyone doing a presentation on using Org Mode for day-to-day work and personal work?

I often use Emacs for my daily work as a technical support engineer, and write notes with source code blocks of different commands I've ran in the background since I often have to ssh into client based CentOS machines to troubleshoot some issues regarding the application I help support.

I'm just an Emacs hobbyist at heart, but have a pretty tweaked out config as well.

The main thing I wanted to highlight is how to utilize a todo list for work, and life based tasks, as well as org capture templates.

The only other thing is that I could maybe make a work-based todo list but would have to create some fake ticket data due to it being work related, etc.

Please let me know if that would be relevant as a video topic.

Thanks,

Sam

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Amin Bandali wrote:
quiliro@riseup.net writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> quiliro@riseup.net writes:
>>
>>> What a great call for papers.  If it was created using Emacs, it would
>>> be great to have a talk or a howto for how it was made.
>>
>> It seems to me like it is just an org-mode document, converted to
>> plain text using one of the built-in exporters.
>
> Yes.  It would be nice to see the source.

Yes, the announcement text in the body of that email was indeed
exported from an Org file -- which I'd attached to that email -- plus
some small tweaks.  I'm attaching the Org file again to this reply as
well, just in case.

P.S. please direct any further replies either to myself privately, or
only to the emacsconf-discuss and emacs-tangents lists, so as to avoid
spamming the other lists (like emacs-devel) with off-topic discussion.

Attachments: