Re: how to get multi-line author in ODT export?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: how to get multi-line author in ODT export?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:24:15 +0100

So, as usual, I answer my own question, sort of.

The problem is that org exports the author text enclosed within a
special directives, specifically:

 (format "<text:initial-creator>%s</text:initial-creator>" author))

New line directives are not allowed within this declaration, it
seems.  Removing (manually) the initial-creator directive then works.

So, my question would be: is this text:initial-creator tagging
necessary?  If not, can we remove it?  The OpenDocument schema is vague
about whether this is necessary.  If we cannot remove it, i.e if
initial-creator is required in the document, could it be put in
separately (as a meta:initial-creator tag) so that the author field can
be more general?

I am *not* an ODT expert of any sort.  But it is my route to Word
documents when the need arises (which is luckily seldom).

Anyway, no panic: I can simply manually edit the odt file just before
the final processing...

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-628-g366444
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096