Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 187, Issue 19

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 187, Issue 19
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 23:41:20 +0700

On 20/09/2021 00:16, Ypo wrote:

Then I think I will behave like grown people and use LaTeX syntax, previewing
it on HTML exports, cause it gives no errors compared to the problematic PDF
exports.

I never considered HTML as a viable preview option for LaTeX equation, so thanks for the idea. In the past working LaTeX was anyway required since otherwise latex2html perl script could not generate images for equations. Web changed since that times (some sites created by people unaware of LaTeX even required activeX to display math).

Maybe your problem with PDF export is not so serious, e.g. pdflatex binary is not in PATH or some LaTeX package is missed. Have you tried to export to LaTeX file and to run pdflatex from command line to get error messages?