Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 11:04:17 +0200

Hi all,

> Yet, why not simply alter the headline parser a little bit to support
> empty titles + tag? Such headlines are used in some of the tests. See
> the attached patch.

I'm in favor of this change...

> Because, as I wrote, this is ambiguous. You cannot distinguish the
> following two cases:
>
>   * :mytag:
>   * :myheadline:

... because I'm not convinced by the above example: I agree this is
syntactically ambiguous, but as a human I would understand that Org
would parse

  * :myheadline:

as [beginning of a headline + empty heading + tag].

> So, your patch would only move the problem elsewhere.

Nicolas, do you strongly feel against this change?  Is moving the
problem elsewhere is creating more problems I might have overlooked?

> I suggest to not tag emptiness.

I'd rather allow empty headlines with tags, this seems a useful way
of filtering/searching contents.

WDYT?

--
 Bastien