Re: Org branches: master, main, and maint?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org branches: master, main, and maint?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:31:18 +0200

Hi Timothy,

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> I’ve just had a look at the branches, and I see that we currently
> have
>
>     master
>     main
>     maint

Nope, the official source repository contains

- main : the development branch (aka the old "master")
- bugfix : the bugfix branch (aka the old "maint")
- km/from-master-emacs : the branch to help with Emacs sync

> My previous impression was that master was the main development
> branch, and maint was for testing (though I wasn’t 100% sure).
> However now there’s master, main, and maint I’m feeling a bit unsure
> of what exactly is going on.
>
> A clarification would be much appreciated 🙂.

You probably listed your local branch with "git branch -a" or by
checking your .git/config file.

If you clone a fresh repo like this:

~$ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git

and fetch all the branches (git fetch --all) you should only see
the three branches mentioned above.

Also, you can now forget code.orgmode.org, I've prevented any
push there.

HTH,

--
 Bastien