Re: [BUG] Conflict between org-emphasis and org-latex

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [BUG] Conflict between org-emphasis and org-latex
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:57:08 +0000

Hi Léo,

Léo Ackermann writes:

> Hi!
> I noticed that in org@888aaa97c0ce331097787333d0d712dd6e4d078f, the
> following happens:
> When writing `Consider $a^{*}$ and $b^{*}$` in an org-mode buffer, the
> two stars match together, causing "and" to appear in bold case.
>
> Any idea to fix this unwanted behavior ?

You can insert a zero width space character (U+200B), to prevent that
segment is fontified as emphasis [see the Manual in the section `Escape
Character']. It is enough with insert the character after one of the
asterisks: M-x insert-char RET 200b RET. I also recommend that you look
at this section on Timothy's blog `This Month in Org':
https://blog.tecosaur.com/tmio/2021-05-31-async.html#easy-zero-width

Best regards,

Juan Manuel