Re: shrink table in columnmode view (poor man's issue system)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: shrink table in columnmode view (poor man's issue system)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 17:13:31 +0200

>>> "MW" == Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> I use the following org file to organise my issues.
>> It works quite well, however I would like to have a shrink option
>> automatically in my columnview.

> Your suggestion looks quite useful to me.

>> Any idea how to achieve that?

> One possibility is to write your own dynamic block writer function.
> Find documentation at (info "(org) Dynamic Blocks") .

Aha, meanwhile I discovered that a dummy entry

* Issues
   :PROPERTIES:
   :COLUMNS:  %50ITEM(Problem) %10Is(Issue Nr) %7TODO(Status) %26TAGS(Which)
%17Date(Date) %7STATUS(Status){X/}
   :ID:       Issues
   :END:

** <45>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :ID:      Issues
   :Date:
   :STATUS:
   :Is:      0
   :END:

Also works well sort of.

However, your solution is soo much *better* and works like charms, thanks a lot!

@maintainers, why not include this functionality into org-mode (most
likely  ‘org-insert-dblock.el’.

Regards

Uwe