Re: [orgweb] Making the git repo URL more visible

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [orgweb] Making the git repo URL more visible
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 23:01:27 +0800

Hi Adam,

> Just now I found myself needing to look up the URL of the Org git repo,
> and it seemed a bit harder than it ought to be.  It’d be nice if there
> were a prominent “source code” link on the front page, but I remembered
> that it was somewhere on the “Contribute” page, so I opened that.

> When it loaded, I still overlooked the URL to the git repo.  I was
> expecting to see some kind of “Source Code” header, or “git repo” link,
> but instead the link is “The Org Codebase”, and it’s not under a header
> or near any other text like “source code” or “git repo”, so it seems
> easy to overlook:

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree that it should be more prominent. My
instinctual response is to change the text, add an icon, and bump the font size
up. Perhaps make it a /button link/ like “Tools that work with Org” on the
homepage. I’d be tempted to put it on the homepage, but I’m also wary of
clutter, and I’m hoping that the use of the common Git branch icon may clue devs
into thinking that the repository is linked/given on that page.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

All the best,
Timothy