Re: Comments break up a paragraph when writing one-setence-per-line

From: Tom Gillespie
Subject: Re: Comments break up a paragraph when writing one-setence-per-line
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 10:57:51 -0700

A general comment (heh) here. This is not a bug and not easily fixed.
Line comments are their own top level element distinct from
paragraphs. If you need something that fits in a paragraph you can use
@@comment:@@ at the start of a line.

I agree that it is annoying, but Org line comment syntax also only
works if it starts the line, so the behavior diverges from traditional
code comments. It may make sense to update the docs to call them "line
comments" instead of just comments.

One area where we could almost certainly do better is in how line
comments break up the flow of text. I'm not sure there will ultimately
be much we can do about it, but it is worth investigating.

Best,
Tom