Re: org-capture-template with changing heading (including a TIMESTAMP)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-capture-template with changing heading (including a TIMESTAMP)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 14:40:39 +0800

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> ("mg" "Exercicios Annu21: asignados"
> table-line (file+headline "~/somefile.org" "Exercicios Annu21: asignados")
>
> However in that file I also want a header of the form
>
> * Exercicios Annu21: asignados <2021-03-19 vie 09:48>
>
> That is a changing timestamp in the heading. How can I achieve that for
> my template?

If you want to create a new heading with the timestamp, you can use
file+function as your target in the template (see org-capture-templates
docstring).

If you want to change the existing heading, you can use file+regexp as
target and add a function modifying your heading to
org-capture-before-finalize-hook

You may also try https://github.com/progfolio/doct to make the above a
little simpler.

Hope it helps.