Re: Cannot clone org-mode's git repository

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: Cannot clone org-mode's git repository
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 13:54:46 +0200

On 2021-10-03, Colin Baxter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get a strange error when I try to clone org-mode:
>
> redknight@jetstar:~/git$ git clone
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git
> Cloning into 'org-mode'...
> fatal: unable to access
> 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/': server certificate
> verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none

Hi there,

I got a similar error in a Docker image (with "CAfile: none"
instead).  A CA certificate was missing.  Eventually, I updated the
entire image (in particular, with a new version of ca-certificates).
Hopefully this helps:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35821245/github-server-certificate-verification-failed/35824116#35824116

Best wishes
Jens