Re: Org lint and named source blocks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org lint and named source blocks
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 14:19:45 +0800

Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com> writes:

>> Should we allow syntax like #+KEYWORD:value to be correct or do we
>> require a whitespace/space after colon all the time?
>
> The spec as written is ambiguous/silent on this issue. In my work on
> laundry tokenizer and grammar I have found keyword syntax to be a
> thorny issue, and I strongly suggest that for the time being we either
> make no ruling on this or we state that the colon that ends the
> keyword should be followed by a space as a precautionary measure.
> The safe thing to do is to always require whitespace after the colon
> because it guarantees correct interpretation.

By the way, wouldn't it be better to use tree-sitter rather than
something else for the format grammar? At least, there is some work on
integrating tree-sitter into Emacs core [1,2].

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-08/msg00268.html
[2] https://archive.casouri.cat/note/2021/emacs-tree-sitter/#Feedback

Best,
Ihor