Re: Unable to follow gnus links

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Unable to follow gnus links
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 16:24:27 +0800

Tom Ed White <wtomed@gmail.com> writes:

> I was able to fix the problem for the time being by changing the
> arguments to:
>
> (defun org-gnus-open (path &rest _)
>
> The keystroke I use is C-c C-o, which runs org-open-at-point which is in
> org.el.

I understand. But it does not solve the potential problem for other users.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (2 . 2) 1)
> ... ((functionp (org-link-get-parameter type :follow)) (funcall
> (org-link-get-parameter type :follow) path))

Judging from your backtrace, you seem to have a mixed Org installation
with some files loaded from Org <9.4 (that's when we changed the number
of arguments in :follow functions).

Can you try to re-install Org?

Note that mixed installation can also cause other unexpected problems.

Best,
Ihor