Re: Inequalities in math blocks

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Inequalities in math blocks
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 09:55:35 +0200

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

You’re going to be much better off if you just use LaTeX math delimiters, i.e. `\( ... \)'.

Interesting. It works, but I do not understand why! Do we consider inequalities in $$ breaking HTML export expected behavior? Or, do we consider it a bug? I suppose there exists no formal specification, executable or not, to answer the question? I ask because if $…$ breaks basic mathematics, I should either return back to LaTeX for any serious notes or replace every $…$ with \(…\) in all my Org files to avoid accidental breakage of mathematics in the future. Thank you!

R+
--
Programming reliably --- must be an activity of an undeniably mathematical nature [...] You see, mathematics is about thinking, and doing mathematics is always trying to think as well as possible. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra (1981) Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> Studenohorská 25 84103 Bratislava Slovakia [he/him]