Re: [org-cite] add convention for direct commands, process for adding ma

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [org-cite] add convention for direct commands, process for adding mappings to export processor(s)?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 22:41:10 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

>> The current list of styles and variants included in the oc export
>> processors was a first step, with a goal to provide a solid starting
>> point, and citations that are more-or-less portable across the
>> backends.
>>
>> But that raises an obvious question: what next?

Are we at next already?

>> I'd like, for example, to suggest adding "noauthor/bare" -> "cite*" to
>> oc-biblatex.

Done.

>> I also think we should add a way for users to use a direct command for
>> natbib and biblatex.

[...]

>> Perhaps some prefix for a style that signals to pass on directly for a
>> specific export processor; like [cite/blx+footcite ...].

I'm not too keen on extending the citation syntax.

>> In that case, the oc-biblatex processor would pass that command on as
>> is, but other processors would ignore it, and use the default
>> instead.

This is the point of styles. We could allow custom ones.

>> And if we were to add this, we'd still need to answer my first
>> question: when and how to add specific style/variant mappings to the
>> oc processors.

It is possible to send a patch if it is something useful. Some
processors (probably only biblatex at this point, we probably cover
everything in natbib) may also introduce a customizable variable for
user-defined styles.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou