Re: 9.5: coping with loss of ditaa.jar

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: 9.5: coping with loss of ditaa.jar
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 18:09:07 -0400

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> Another alternative which I just found is the ditaa version on github,
> which has SVG support. See https://github.com/stathissideris/ditaa. If
> you click on the 'release' link on the right, there is the most recent
> release, which includes a link to a standalone ditaa.jar file.
>
> I've not tried this version, but suspect it will work fine (assuming
> they use semantic versioning, which indicates the API has not
> changed).

Perfect! Thank you for pointing that out.

I downloaded that, installed java-11-openjdk from the Fedora repos and
tried the standard example:

#+begin_src ditaa :file example.svg :results file drawer
    +--------+   +-------+    +-------+
    |        | --+ ditaa +--> |       |
    |  Text  |   +-------+    |diagram|
    |Document|   |!magic!|    |       |
    |     {d}|   |       |    |       |
    +---+----+   +-------+    +-------+
        :                         ^
        |       Lots of work      |
        +-------------------------+
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
:results:
[[file:example.svg]]
:end:

It worked perfectly on Fedora 34.

Thanks!
--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler