[mostly solved] Re: Unable to configure emacs 27.2 to use org 9.5

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: [mostly solved] Re: Unable to configure emacs 27.2 to use org 9.5
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:32:59 +0200

Am Mon, 18 Oct 2021 22:28:42 +0000
schrieb Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net>:

> Hi Detlef,
>
> Detlef Steuer writes:
>
> > I have installed 9.5 with package-install in a clean emacs session,
> > it is shown as installed, too, but whatever I try, my org-version is
> > shown as 9.4.6, which is included in 27.2.
> > (I assume, and therefore citeproc unavailable)
>
> Have you looked in your elpa directory if you see this path:
> .../elpa/org-9.5/?

Yes, it is there.

I now tried on a second machine and everything worked as expected,
after I removed org-plus-contrib from my elpa directory there.
On machine number one there is no such directory. I will try to
re-initialize everything elpa there and see what will happen.

So there is hope and nano may remain a desperate threat :-)

Thank you!

Detlef

--
"Wozu leben wir, wenn nicht dazu, uns gegenseitig das Leben
 einfacher zu machen. (George Eliot)"

Dr. Detlef Steuer
Helmut-Schmidt-Universität
Fakultät WiSo