Re: org-persist

From: Colin Baxter 😺
Subject: Re: org-persist
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 12:45:11 +0100

    > Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> I may not have understood things fully, but it seems that the
    >> org-persist directory is set only by the
    >> org-persist-path. Unfortunately, the resulting org-persist
    >> directory in ~/.cache is no good for me since I daily clear out
    >> my ~/.cache using bleachbit. I can't find a way of changing
    >> org-persist-path and grep finds the variable only in ORG-NEWS.

    > Oops. It was my bad (fixed now). Should be
    > `org-persist-directory'. You can set it to other location in your
    > init.el.

Ok, thanks - that works - I used ~/.emacs.d/org-persist/. It might be
worth mentioning that the user should not create the
org-persist-directory himself. I did this originally (mkdir
~/.emacs.d/org-persist <RET>, touch ~/.emacs.d/org-persist/index <RET>)
and got various parsing error messages. Everything worked fine after I
deleted my own handiwork and left the directory creation to org-persist.

I had originally set org-element-use-cache to nil because I remember
reading somewhere that the nil setting would help prevent emacs from
hanging in org-mode.

I'll certainly begin using org-persist and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Colin.