unique syntax for reporting (submitting bugs)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: unique syntax for reporting (submitting bugs)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 09:31:16 +0200

Hi

I am sending this email to four mailing list I am using most, and I am
wondering whether this subject has came up in the past.
For years I am wondering about the different syntax for
sending/reporting/submitting bug reports.

I know of

    1. org-submit-bug-report but

       a. org-agenda-property-bug-report

    2. TeX-submit-bug-report, but

       a. preview-report-bug

       b. reftex-report-bug

    1. bbdb-submit-bug-report

    2. c-submit-bug-report

    3. ffap-submit-bug

    4. vm-submit-bug-report

    5. gnus-bug

    6. report-emacs-bug

So in order not to confuse myself I am using the following alias

(defalias 'emacs-submit-bug-report 'report-emacs-bug)

But I was wondering, couldn't GNU emacs also use this alias in its
default configuration, since it seems a bit more common.

And also the auctex team, which deals with preview-latex and reftex do
the same

(defalias 'preview-submit-bug-report 'preview-report-bug)
(defalias 'reftex-submit-bug-report 'reftex-report-bug)

The org team:

(defalias 'emacs-submit-bug-report 'report-emacs-bug)
(defalias 'org-agenda-property-submit-bug-report
'org-agenda-property-bug-report)

And finally the gnus team

(defalias 'gnus-submit-bug-report 'gnus-bug)

Regards

Uwe Brauer