Re: when does :cache not cache?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: when does :cache not cache?
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:15:41 +0100

Hello all,

So, following the code: every time I ask to evaluate the gnuplot src
block in the minimal example I posted yesterday, the new-hash that is
calculated is different so the cache setting is ignored.

Digging deeper leads to me getting lost.  The hash does depend on the
incorporation of the variables set using :var but I do not see why the
hash should be different if the table has not changed.

Anyway, that's as far as I got.

For the record, I have simply put ":eval never-export" on all of my
gnuplot src blocks and the export happens much more quickly now.

eric
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-163-g4eab5b
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096