the GNU bug tracker, use it or have something similar? Gmane might block

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: the GNU bug tracker, use it or have something similar? Gmane might block attachments in bug reports
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:21:49 +0200

Hi

org-submit-bug-report sends an email to the org-mode mailing list. It
turns out, that if you attach a file and later display that message on
gmane, as I do in order to keep my email traffic in moderate numbers,
then gmane might block that attachment.

Now GNU emacs has a bug tracker what can be accessed via debbugs-org and
there this problem does not appear.

The org mailing list does have a similar bug tracker which is a bit of
problem with such a workflow.

Of course an alternative would be to CC the bug report to the GNU emacs
list since org mode is also in the GNU emacs tree, but I am not sure
whether this is a good idea.

Thoughts?

Regards

Uwe Bruaer