Re: Lisp error: (void-function org-element-keyword-parser)

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Lisp error: (void-function org-element-keyword-parser)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 09:54:14 +0100

On Monday, 25 Oct 2021 at 15:00, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>> For the record, I have had this or something very similar for a very
>> long time (years) now.  All my org-agenda-files which get loaded during
>> my initialization, when I set up the appointment handling, are in org
>> mode but none of the in-file settings have been applied.
>
> I'm pretty sure that that should *NOT* be the case: setting the mode
> on the file consists of calling `org-mode'; that calls
> `org-set-regexps-and-options' which loops over all the in-buffer
> options and sets them.

Hi Nick,

I was told (I will try to find the original answer but it was indeed a
very long time ago) that the files were loaded in some way that avoided
all/most initialization.

The behaviour I see does seem to match the behaviour I would expect if
org-agenda-inhibit-startup were t but I have it set to nil.

Going through the org agenda appt code also seems to ensure that this
variable is nil in any case.

So I remain puzzled but it's not a biggie (for me) as Emacs is my window
manager (exwm) and my system is up 24/7: I seldom re-start Emacs.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-163-g4eab5b
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096