Re: org-persist warning when archiving

From: Colin Baxter 😺
Subject: Re: org-persist warning when archiving
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 15:43:04 +0100

Hi Thor,

    > Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> > Hello, Whenever I archive a DONE item via 'C-c C-x C-a' I get
    >> the > warning:
    >>
    >> > Warning (emacs): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer >
    >> modifications detected. Resetting.
    >>
    >> > The archiving is successful, but I keep getting the warning and
    >> > therefore wonder if there is some org-persist or cache setting
    >> > that needs to be adjusted.
    >>
    >> Thinking a little more about this, I have not yet had a chance of
    >> archiving an item in a new emacs session. It may be that the
    >> warning is temporary to the first session and will disappear if
    >> and when I archive a DONE item in a new session.

    > This message always indicates some problem. However, I cannot
    > reproduce what you observe on my side. Did you try with emacs -Q?
    > Also, you might not be running the latest Org. I have extended
    > this warning in recent commits.

I'm running Org mode version 9.5 (release_9.5-178-gcf8906) on
emacs-28.0.60. Unfortunately, I could not apply your patch ('patch would
not apply') using either 'git apply /path/to/patch' or 'git a
/path/to/patch'. I then tried manually to apply it, but that produced
errors when I ran the command org-agenda. I may have messed up the
manual apply so I'll try again tonight.

Best wishes,

Colin.