Re: Sub-figures in Org Mode

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Sub-figures in Org Mode
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 14:28:59 +0000

Hi Jason, sorry for the late reply.

Jason Ross writes:

> I'm looking at declaring a "figure" block the way you are, but
> `org-element-map'ing over the links inside the block and processing them
> with the "normal" link-handling machinery. That way, image options work
> the same way in a subfigure as they do normally.

I really like your idea, and it's more consistent with the Org syntax,
since (as you say) the images behave like images and it is not necessary
to enter the options via marks within the link description, which is somewhat
hacky. I think your idea could also be adapted to LaTeX (and HTML)
backends...

Best regards,

Juan Manuel