Re: Introducing Org-transclusion

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Introducing Org-transclusion
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 21:22:49 +1100

Noboru Ota <me@nobiot.com> writes:

> Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:
>> Hi Tim,
>>

>>> I feel it is functionality which will be used by a subset of users
>>> or by others only occasionally.
>
> Tim, thank you for your feedback.
> Timothy, thank you for forwarding Tim's feedback into the loop.
>
> I think this assessment is fair and reflects the current usage from the
> feedback I get.
>
>>> WRT making this part of org-mode core, I’m not in favour. This is no
>>> reflection on the package, which I think is a great addition to the org
>>> ecosystem. My preference would be for this package to be an add-on
>>> package in either ELPA or non-GNU ELPA.
>
> I will take this as the guidance and pursue ELPA as my first option.  I
> have just signed and returned the FSF copyright assignment form.
>
> Now I will need to go and learn how to add a package to ELPA.
>
> Thank you.
> Noboru

Noboru,

thank you for making such a valuable contribution. I think your package
will be a valuable addition and it is great you have gone that extra
distance to sign the FSF copyright paperwork and are willing to do the
work to add it into ELPA.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think there is some information in the ELPA
git repository on how to setup and contribute a package to ELPA. Further
guidance can also be gained by asking on the emacs-devel mail list.