Re: Introducing Org-transclusion

From: Noboru Ota
Subject: Re: Introducing Org-transclusion
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 22:09:22 +0100

> Try to open the attached file and run M-x org-transclusion-add-all

Thank you. I see. Not even org-transclusion-add-all but a single add
function takes a bit of time.

If I may ask some questions and for some advice:

1. I see it as an issue rather of recursive transclusions (transclusions
inside a transclusion) than of overlay. Do you agree?

2. If it is a recursion, I would like to somehow avoid it altogether by
"skipping it" before going into a loop.  I thought I had done part of
it; apparently, it's not enough.  Do you have some suggestions how other
programs might deal with this type of issues?  I feel that many pieces
of software have done so...

3. If it is an overlay issue, do you have suggestions what sort of
methods are available within Emacs?

4. This file does not seem realistic for me as a user who use Emacs for
writing -- but I see this sort of testing can be useful for avoiding
potential issues.  How important do you think it is to tackle this type
of "hypothetical" issues as a package developer?  It's a question of
priority for me.  I do not feel that I have sufficient knowledge and
skill set to tackle it right now; if the priority is not so high, I think
I would leave it (for now, but this "for now" would be for a long time).
If priority is high, I would need to ask for some help with even framing
the problem so that we can somehow tackle it.

Thank you.
Noboru