Re: Bug: org-no-popups disregards display-buffer-fallback-action [9.4.6

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Bug: org-no-popups disregards display-buffer-fallback-action [9.4.6 (9.4.6-13-g4be129-elpaplus @ /home/jeeger/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20210920/)]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:57:46 +0000

On Monday, 15 Nov 2021 at 00:03, dal-blazej@onenetbeyond.org wrote:
> So if we want to make org cooperate with window.el we must ban theses
> functions and instead delegate the window management with calls to
> proper display functions.

I agree completely.  One of my bug-bears is org-capture which I often
use during meetings to take notes or create TODO items.  Typically, the
org capture window covers my Teams buffer (I use exwm as my window
manager...) which is rather annoying.

I did play with display-buffer-alist but it seemed to not be able to
take control of some of org's windows.  Everything else I do in Emacs is
nicely managed through that alist.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5-223-g876e81 in Emacs 29.0.50
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096