Re: [Problems with org-ref-helm-insert-ref-link and org-id-get-create]

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [Problems with org-ref-helm-insert-ref-link and org-id-get-create]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:54:42 -0500

Probably M-x org-ref-insert-ref-link will do what you want. A lot of things got "simplified" in version 3 to leverage completing-read more natively. helm-mode should work with org-ref-insert-ref-link.

See https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref#configuration for some details on how to configure v3 with helm.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 4:41 PM Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>>> "JK" == John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> it usually takes up to 4 hours to propagate to MELPA.  I can't reproduce
> the error you report.  At least, with a fresh emacs and install from MELPA
> everything seems to load and work fine, even with emacs 29.  There seem to
> be many issues with native-compiling on the most modern emacs, are you
> using that?

I think, I succeeded cloning and installing directly from your github
repository, but now the function I was using for a long time

org-ref-helm-insert-cite-link

Seems to be gone, what happened?