Re: [BUG?] Cache: org-scan-tags behaves differently on inlinetasks with

From: Anders Johansson
Subject: Re: [BUG?] Cache: org-scan-tags behaves differently on inlinetasks with and without cache
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 15:39:58 +0100

> Thanks for reporting! You encountered a bug in org-get-tags. It ignored
> inlinetasks in some cases. Fixed in 7a14d6035.

Thank you!
It works very well now, and indeed the counting and collection of
tagged extracts (done with org-scan-tags) is much quicker now with
cache enabled. I tested with some generated files, and it looks like
with caching (assuming an updated cache) the time scales linearly with
the number of headlines/inlinetasks to match versus some power
function (n^1.6) with the old buffer-scanning.

I had considered to implement some kind of cache in my code, but now I
get this "for free"! I originally didn't use org-scan-tags but some
custom and "simpler" code for scanning, but I am glad I refactored to
use org-scan-tags, because now I get this speedup without a single
code change in orgqda.

Best,
Anders