Re: [Patch] to correctly sort the items with emphasis marks in a list

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [Patch] to correctly sort the items with emphasis marks in a list
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 23:59:23 +0700

On 25/11/2021 19:11, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Maxim Nikulin writes:

I think, new variant should be committed even it does not fix Juan's
case. He have not confirmed the fix yet.

The patch does apply onto main, but I have a comment.

+      ;; Emphasis of second word.
+      ;; Locales with significant spaces (C, es_ES, pl_PL)

I suspect that most of maintainers simply use C/en_US locales and we may
not be able to catch test errors in foreign locales. Do you know a good
way to automate testing with different locales? Can it be somehow
automated?

Otherwise, the patch looks good for me.

For this test locale is fixed to "C", see below. Concerning tests of multiple locales, I have no idea besides a virtual machine (qemu, VirtualBox, etc.) or container (docker, LXC, etc.) with enough enabled and generated locales. I think, more locales may be enabled on SourceHut as well.

https://list.orgmode.org/s864tq$jet$1@ciao.gmane.io/