Re: "Orgdown", the new name for the syntax of Org-mode

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: "Orgdown", the new name for the syntax of Org-mode
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 03:25:46 +0000

Joost Kremers writes:

> Why not just use the term "Org markup"?  It's descriptive and should be
> understandable to people familiar with the concept of markup languages.

This. 'Org markup language' and 'Org Syntax' are obvious and natural
terms that can easily be inferred from the Org manual. Honestly I don't
see much point in coming up with new names for a concept which is
already transparent and self-explanatory. It is something I find
unnecessary and baroque.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel