Re: Is M-j broken for you in Org on Emacs 27 and 28?

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: Is M-j broken for you in Org on Emacs 27 and 28?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 09:22:11 +0100

Sorry, forgot to reply to this:

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> Note that C-j in org mode is different from 'normal' C-j in that it is
> bound to org-return-and-maybe-indent. If you want M-j to act like C-j in
> org mode, you would need to rebind M-j to org-return-and-maybe-indent in
> an appropriate org mode startup hook.

This is a good suggestion, thanks; maybe that will be the best solution
for me, if the answer is that the current behavior is not a bug.

It now seems to me that it must be a bug, though, since Org sometimes
calls a built-in C function with an argument it cannot accept, and
several people have confirmed this. The main question for me at this
point is: does this happen because org-comment-line-break-function is
being called when it shouldn't be, or because fill-prefix is nil when it
shouldn't be, or something else?

--
Best,
Richard