Re: [org-cite] autoload oc processors?

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: [org-cite] autoload oc processors?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 10:56:07 +0100

Am 29.11.2021 um 23:48 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
Hello,

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

A more sophisticated solution probably exists, but my thought was that if a cite
export keyword like this is seen:
┌────
│ #+cite_export: FORMAT ...
└────

and there is no known cite backend `FORMAT', then we could just try running
┌────
│ (require 'oc-FORMAT nil t)
└────

before complaining that there’s no cite backend FORMAT loaded.

This relies on consistent naming, but since that seems to hold pretty well so
far and failure to load just results in the current behaviour, I’m inclined to
think this would be a good change in terms of user experience.

OK. I implemented this on main branch. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks, that sounds like a good change!
Best,
Denis